Friday, August 19, 2022

It happened in a small town . . .

Photo by Jakob Owens on Unsplash

KEITH, SALLY, MARK, BIRDIE, WILLIE . . . SUZANNE is a book about a teenage boy written by a grown woman. That sounds strange, and it was. It is. Writing KSMBWS was surreal and intense and emotional . . . but isn't that why we write? I totally put myself into this kid's (Keith Day) shoes--acne, angst and all--second-handedly as an intuitive scribe to his every thought and impulse. The things he goes through, says, does--every bad decision he makes--they're all a bit crazy, and things I would never wish on my son, but see . . . it's the kids I knew growing up and part of me as well. I was a teenager once . . . (or was I?).

It will be free for kindle download starting tomorrow, Saturday the 20th. And as always, no pressure to download or comment. This is just me hawking my wares.

One complaint: I have various writing names and books released on Amazon and can't get any money from them for any one of my accounts. Someone's bank card was on my pay section, and I fixed it, but it keeps happening. Amazon won't help. Hence, the freeness. My only payment is to write and hopefully have people love what I do, because money will never be a part of this process. I truly enjoy writing and that's my payment.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...