Friday, November 4, 2022

Musk we?

https://unsplash.com/photos/l1clu1ZKjSw?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditShareLink


As soon as Elon M*sk began saying he'd buy twitter I logged off. Then when it looked like he wouldn't be able to, I came back. That meant losing my list of followers and having to start all over again. But I don't breathe the same air as fascists or use the same social media. It was easy to see what the outcome would be if he bought the app--and indeed my fears were correct: I saw Musk allowing hate speech (not free speech) to take over. From what I've heard it happened instantly. 

Here's what gets me, and I've probably written this exact same thing but bear with me, WHO allowed him to buy Twitter, WHO gave him the money, WHY was he allowed to do it? My guesses: money-hungry losers, R*ssia/S*udi/Ch*na, money. 

Musk was on my radar back before P*tin invaded Ukraine. I saw that he was about to do something and began alerting everyone, but no one listened. When he offered Ukraine the use of his Starlink satellites, I got a bad feeling and went on *twitter* saying, "DON'T USE STARLINK--if you do it will find your location and P*tin will use this information." Indeed, time after time groups of people inside apartment buildings, hospitals and schools were blown up. Now, did Musk know this? Or was he/is he being used by nefarious forces? His track record of abuse and bullish ways tells me that doesn't matter--what matters is he isn't to be trusted. 

Disclaimer--the above was my intuitive opinion. 

When he admitted he works with R*ssia and got in trouble for it, he backtracked and went on a new revenge to buy Twitter. And it happened. Then he lets antisemitic K*nye back on (who started a GOFUNDME to get his 1 billion status back--good luck). M*sk doesn't really care about twitter, or you or me. He wants money and control. He doesn't like the word no and will do stupid, foolish things out of revenge. He's a tool for the GOP. Twitter will go down the sink and all that money too.

The White House and President Biden used Twitter and that's where I see this all as an act of war against Democracy right before the midterms, just like DeJoy was used (and is still being used) to slow down the post office. Wouldn't want those darn paper ballots to get counted in time--but guess what? All ballots are paper ballots. Duh. People, if you are mailing or dropping one off at a box write the date in bold letters on the envelope. Check your voting location. Be wise. Every vote counts-- especially yours.

They are saying the red meanies are ahead--but that's because they polled Betty in the middle of nowhere MIDWEST, USA. Betty answered he landline because she thought it was Paula calling about the church dinner. The polls aren't accurate, but the massive number of pre-ballots are. Still, vote. 

What if it does come down to a 100 vote difference for your candidate? That means you truly do make a difference. Andy Warhol said every person has five minutes of fame, well, maybe this is yours. Get out there and do it. 

Lastly, they are saying things like, "Tiffany doesn't care about abortion rights, she cares about how expensive everything is!" Wrong. Tiffany cares about herself, her mother, her sister, her daughter, her neighbor, etc. And despite what Tiffany has told you, she's going to vote the way she feels. She's voting for women in America. Don't f*ck with Tiffany. Get out of the way and let her vote.

People have died in wars so we can vote. Never forget that. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...