Thursday, November 3, 2022

November 8th

https://unsplash.com/photos/ZqsY740eAOo?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditShareLink


In just a few days we vote in America, and though the thought of permanent fascism being part of our landscape I'm more than ready to end the endless run of political ads and chaotic fodder which has spread worse than a virus. In Kansas we voted to preserve a woman's right to choose and I suspect that will end if the wrong candidate wins next week, yet honestly I can't see this happening--Democracy has a bigger chance of winning because it is the thread of this country and always will be. You'd have to call us the UNunited States, the Fascist States, or worse, Tr*mp Nation. Yikes. I don't care if you like him, but this is a democracy fought and won from King George. No more tyranny, thank you very much. Land of the free and all that . . .

The worst part of this election cycle is the deniers--those running for office who have already claimed "they won." Like a sore loser at a baseball game, "I'm going to win!" Well, catch the ball then. Do something to win. Show us what you're capable of, how you'll serve and then hold tight to those promises. I remember playing baseball one summer season and I was terrible, horrible. the worst. That's what made the one time I hit a ball to third base so fantastic. People congratulated me, cheered, patted me on the shoulder--the memory is happily frozen in my mind for eternity because I earned that applause. I knew that most of my time in the game was low level stuff and so that one Victory was well enjoyed. My ineptness was real, and a reality. How do you win if you can't or won't play? These candidates who won't debate, won't say how they'll represent ALL THE PEOPLE, won't show signs of being able to work with others, and worst of all who won't concede . . . should they be running? I say no. It's tiring. Let the best man or woman win, if they'll WIN. Lose if you lose. And if you do lose, you concede and let us move on. 

Unfortunately, we are bound to spend the next month or so with back-and-forth results, lawsuits, and headaches of the political kind. I can't stand the thought, but this is a game after all. Freedom is hard fought and preserved. At the moment we have armed men at voting stations, threating and intimidating, and on the news they paint a doomsday picture of loss. It's all done to make us apathetic. No. GO OUT AND VOTE.

EVERY VOTE COUNTS. Every single one.

This is your ballgame and you can win, but you have to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...