Setting ourselves up

I've been thinking how we are so afraid of failure, or the pain of failure, that we almost ask for it on a constant basis. "You're gonna reject me! Oh God, just do it already!" Instead, we should be saying--like the SNL version of Joy from the talk-show, The View--So what, who cares?

I've known so much failure in my life that I could list it as a body part. Knit it a sweater. Hold birthday parties. Invite it to a movie. Why, oh, why am I so afraid?

Because it hurts and it always feels like you have to reinvent yourself after a rejection. But that's life. You can't be a writer, an artist, a musician, a mom if you can't take rejection.

So, I am rejecting rejection. My dreams will not have floorboards. Instead of worrying about being put down, I'm going to envision the day I succeed, and most of all, how much fun I had getting there. Instead of having months of worry and pain before the blade drops down, I'm going to write and have fun and believe in good things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen, do you wanna . . .

And now, something about the girl

Oh I wish, I wish that I had . . .