Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Good Day



Three years ago, in the summer of 2009, I sat down to write a story about a girl who falls in love with a library ghost. I'd written before, but had always given up due to lack of confidence, lack of interest and just the general interruptions of life. But this time I never got that deflated balloon feeling—the kind where your idea slowly leaks out into nothing. This time I was filled with a great excitement over what would happen next. To her, to him, to everyone. I remember the night I stayed up until 3 a.m. writing the ending. It was intense (just like my face in the mirror after such little sleep). I was proud, and thrilled and, well, a little bit sad. I didn't want to say good-bye to any of the characters. Little did I know I would be editing for nearly three years and would want to kick those same characters in the butt with a sledgehammer!

Today The Soul Seekers comes out in print. The circle is complete. I think back through these last three years and it is my blogger friends who have kept me going through it all. Thank you.

Karen over at Coming Down the Mountain: A Writer's Blog has written a beautiful post today. She was instrumental in The Soul Seekers being accepted for publication, and I owe her a million thanks for her help!

I know I'm supposed to go out and have a celebratory dinner and bottle of wine, but I'm more apt to celebrate by working on the sequel. Gotta get that sucker finished!

Take care everyone. Here's a tip of the glass to you! Thank you for the love.

Taken from Karen's post (because she did it so well):

The Goodreads link to add to your to-read list.

The Soul Seekers book page on the publisher website, where for a limited time you can get the print copy at a pre-release special price.

To download on your Kindle.

To download on your Nook.

23 comments:

  1. Amy, I heard about your book on several blogs and I think it sounds fab! Congrats, it's on my TBR list now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krya! I love your name, btw. I have a serious love for John Lennon (which you might see a little of in the book).

      Delete
  2. I am so excited and happy for you, Amy. I'm looking forward to reading it on my Kindle this summer!! Hope you have a very special celebration planned...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not too special, in my heart yes- joyful fireworks are going off : )

      Delete
  3. Already been to Karen's site. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another book on my list....congrats Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like a proud mama. No wait, that would be you. I'm a proud gramma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Hey . . . that means I still have to change the dirty diapers.

      Delete
  6. I am hoping my book arrives before Friday. I planned on it being my beach reading.

    I am so happy for you Amy. This is a great day in your life so even if you are not going to celebrate big tonight, put a little extra sauce on your pasta at least. Oh, and that glass of wine - enjoy every last drop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! How exciting. Take a break, celebrate, ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations, I love to see someone like you succeed, it gives me hope. Keep up the amazing work, and more power to your writing hand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Amy, Congratulations. I, too, so enjoy meeting the characters who present themselves to me and watching them change and grow. But after many drafts, I feel as if I just want them to get on with their lives! I so hope that one day, I've have a novel published. Your story encourages me to continue. Thank you. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Your book sounds amazing. What a neat accomplishment :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Such an inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! You can also have some celebratory wine and write. Looking forward to the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations of staying true to your dream and seeing it to the end and beyond, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy, well done! It's such a big accomplishment, having a book out there, and something you'll remember forever with pride!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dee, Elisa, Michael, Liza, Michael P., Roland and Talli- Thank you!XXXX

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...