Thursday, March 11, 2010

Writer's Quicksand



Whew. That was a tough one. I spent all of yesterday struggling to get a few pages out. Don't you just love it when that happens? I'd sit down and have a mental freeze, type something, erase it, type something else, stare, get up and agonize. I took to carrying a notebook around and writing down whatever passages might work to bridge scenes, and finally, finally something worked out.

So, now that I got through that, I'm in a scene that is flowing quite nicely. Yay!

I think yesterday was one of those days where, years ago, I would have quit as a writer and shelved the whole thing. Needless to say, I'm proud of myself and happy that things can progress onward.

Now, just because you read this and have taken on a little of my pain, I'll give you a treat.


I'll leave it to you to figure this one out. Is it about bras, balloons or watermelon? Or sand? Or phones?

5 comments:

  1. I think it's about the unfortunately placed polka dots on the bras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is disturbing.
    Glad to hear things are flowing now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three cheers for writing pass the pain. As for the photo, it reminds me of the kind of art my mother and her set use to go for in the 70's. Pop madness like that can of soup by Warhol.
    Warm regards,
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic because it really catches an era in art history, imho. I say they are selling Woolworths or the like...you know, like today's Target that sells all kinds of things.

    and, great job on the push through. it's moments like that that separate the wanna be's from the will be's :D

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...