Sunday, September 26, 2010

Can I Get a Witness?

I had a nice surprise when I visited the fabulous Karen G's blog and saw I had received honorable mention for Best First Paragraph in the Lettuce Write Submission Contest. It's helped to restore some of my confidence so thank you very, very much Karen and Allie! You made my day!

So, I looked over the first few chapters with fresh set of eyes and fixed little things like cluttered sentences or passive voice. I think I'll do a whole edit starting this week and then see where that leads me.

The weather is great, very Autumnal. The leaves haven't changed yet so the colors don't quite match the crisp feel in the air. It might be too late, but I want to plant some radish and lettuce seeds for a small fall garden. I already have some turnips out there—Julia's favorite! She kind of . . . dumped a whole packet of seeds in one spot. But that's okay! I'll deal with those buggers as needed. So what if all the turnips turn out whackadoo? Anyway, tomorrow is Julia's birthday, which I totally can't believe because it feels like she was born only yesterday. Birth story coming up tomorrow.

Peace

5 comments:

  1. Amy - I've just been into Karen G's site and I am so pleased for you. Well done - You are going to make that best seller, I know you are! Wise words those on writing for yourself and not trying to please everybody else! I've always, always wanted to write. I've tried writing things I mistakenly thought other people might like and have fallen flat on my face so from now on I'm just going to be me! Happy birthday to little Julia. have a wonderful day tomorrow. Love Molly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it motivated you to go back to work on that project. You had a lot of good stuff in there. (I hope I can post this comment, blogger is not liking me at all tonight)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you write Molly. You have such a beautiful way of describing things.

    It was a nice boost : ). Thank you Karen! And I know what you mean about Blogger being unpredictable. There are times when it says I have a certain number of replies, but it won't let me read them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Amy, you deserve it. And happy birthday to Julia; I love that name!

    Bisou, Cro.

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...