Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Gravity and FaceTime

Last night I was sitting with the kids while they played Minecraft on the laptop. At least I thought they were playing Minecraft. When I looked down I saw they had Facetime open and there was this really old lady with saggy face and sunken eyes in the viewer. Poor lady, I thought. She looks so tired. Then I was like, HOLY SHIT that's me!!!! I shut that program down in lightning speed. Now all day I've been pondering expensive face creams, Avon and Mary Kay and anything I can get my hands on.

But then I read this and laughed until I cried.

And then read this. It's all making me feel so much better.

However, I will NEVER do a face chat with anyone for any reason. Don't even ask me. Well, I might for a million dollars or some enormous amount like that, but otherwise, no.

Btw, the same thing happened with my driver's license photo last spring. Got that puppy in the mail and  realized I could never buy liquor or go to any bars again.

So, tell me, have you ever been through the hell of FaceTime? Did you survive?

3 comments:

  1. Two years ago my son gave me an iPad on Christmas. On the 26th I was awakened to my iPad ringing. I reached over to grab it and opened it up. There was my sons face with a big smile looking at me. There was I, laying on my pillow with a face that was recovering from the day before. He thought it very funny, and although embarrassed, I laughed also. However, I have never answered FaceTime again, and I dress and clean for planned Skyping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's different for men and women, but I remember so clearly the EXACT moment that I stopped worrying about what I looked like. There was a row of us 14 year old boys standing in front of a mirror combing our hair so we could all look like Elvis. Suddenly I had that 'light bulb' moment, and realised that whatever I did with my hair, Elvis was Elvis, and I was me! I've never bothered about my 'looks' since!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made me laugh! A few years ago a friend told me the secret of a good picture -- hold the camera above the head looking down on the subject. Hides a lot of sagging and double chins!

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...