Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I love you, David Hockney

I love the way you think, the way you express, and how you let nothing keep you from being an artist.

*Sigh*

Oh, do you guys want to see what this amazing man has done with his iphone? Here I am, the person who complains about having to type on the little keyboard on her ipod. Looks like those days are over.


There's a picture of Hockney in an old Rolling Stone that I fell in love with. It was him holding a dachshund in such a loving, gentle manner. The composition, and sentiment of the photo is so sweet to me. I have to make a painting out of it sometime--just for me.

The article talked of his journey to success, and some health issues that he apparently has overcome. I went through my Picasso period, Thurber, Van Gogh, and now I'm sort of obsessed with Hockney's work. I guess it's me needing to learn and go somewhere it didn't know existed before. I'm a minimalist so I only dream of being able to paint or think like him.

Anyway, now I feel sad because there's so much I want to do and so little time to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...