Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Statue of Me







Here's a self portrait, with a slight ego boost. I love the Statue of Liberty and used to have vivid dreams of her when I was in my early teens. I could never figure it out, but now realize it must have been my subconscious laying out the plans for my life ahead, "It's gonna be tough girl, you'd better stand tall." Tall, no problem, but it's this damn standing for all these years that has gotten me weary. The men who say cruel things, tell you to come hither, then trap you with their hate. Other women who bring you down, because they still haven't figured out yet that the world is big enough for all of us and there is no you, me or they. We can all have a piece of cake. And frosting too. Miss Liberte' reminds me that I can love despite all of the cruelty abound. The world will never make me hate. If I never sell a book, or a song or anything, I don't care. What does it matter? It doesn't. Only love matters.

Peace, amy

9 comments:

  1. Only love does matter!!! Love for writing, singing, being creative, family & friends! This was a beautiful post and I love that you would dream of the statue of liberty thta's so neat!!!

    Thank you for such sweet comments on my blog! I appreciate them! They keep me inspired and feeling loved!! I am blessed to call you a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jen! This is a lot of blog lovin'. It's great : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this drawing, Amy! You're so right: there are so many people waiting to take us down that we need to boost ourselves up!

    Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice drawing, Amy. Love survives times without success or money, if it is the proper sort. Lack of money or success will grind you down badly, though. Also, success doesn't always = 'fame' or 'recognition'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone : )

    How very true, Tom. And you know I don't care about money or material things (except cool cars, haha). I certainly don't hate any of it, it just isn't necessary to happiness. I guess what I want more than anything else at this point in my life is freedom from complacency. I dislike that which sits around being stoned with life (literally and figuratively) and I have such a desire to be a part of the world and embrace everything and everyone. I never thought I was worth much, and now the problem is . . . I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I'll stand right there with you, girl! There is room for all of us and joy comes from the process more than the end.

    thanks for the empowerment today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, thank you for this post. I truly needed to read it on a day like today. Good for you for standing tall and proud! Love the self portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a good start - that you now do. No problem there.

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...