Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A rainy, but wonderful, day

Today has been gray and dreary. I've had to do a lot doctor arranging as Liam needs tubes put in his ears, and that takes insurance and calls, etc. But on the enjoyable side of things, I had another short story acceptance. I'm really happy about it because this particular story is one of my favorites and I've been dying to have you guys read it. Publication date is March 1st with the wonderful Haunted Waters Press/From the Depths issue. Gossamer Boy is about a young man in the 70's (I know, I know) who has a physical problem. Life hasn't been easy, but Freddy Mercury makes everything all right. The boys at school call him Quasimoto. Quasimoto loves Queen. OMG! Seriously, I'm so happy it's going to be published. This story defines me--absolutely defines me as a human and as a writer. I shouldn't gush, but I can't help it. It's not that I think I wrote it brilliantly, I just love what it says.

So anyway, that's my sugar in my tea today. What's yours?

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations......sugar in my tea? I just posted the prizes on youngish for the limerick contest. Write me a limerick Amy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Challenge accepted. I'll try to come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you Amy! You seem to be on a oll with getting your stories published. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sugar in MY tea, is 'listening' to someone who is so obviously happy. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...