Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Art to relieve stress


The title says it all--art is helping me get through these chaotic times. This last year of writing a little book about John--which I am now turning into a screenplay, I found myself sketching him as well to pass the time and relieve the anxiety of life. At some point when the portrait itself becomes a big sizzling ball of failure, I stop and ask some invisible force to guide my hand. Soon as that wish is put out there, the magic happens. Most of the time. The point is to capture something beyond the actual portrait--to put some spirit into it. Hope you enjoy them and here's to a calmer, more peaceful world in the near future.
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...