Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Today

Today was already better than yesterday. I still missed the kids in the afternoon, but I tried to keep myself busy with taking Henry for a walk, reading some blogs, writing a journal, cleaning, going to the store. It did help. And now those kids are home already and the house is filled with the sound of cartoons and snacks. Henry seems happy too. He snuggled right up to Julia when she sat on the couch with her cookie. Not sure if the snuggling was to catch any falling crumbs or if he just missed her being gone all day.

Moving on, you ever notice how things are better when you're dreaming? And that being a writer is much better than anything else in this world because you get to dream? Reality has always been a harsh, cold place as the world is so judgmental. My writing is usually full of love and hope; my dreams are grand. It heals. It replaces despair. Characters are like children, they depend on bring us joy with their lives and actions. And words. Words are like pebbles sifting and falling, and we must rearrange them in beautiful ways.

8 comments:

  1. Henry probably enjoys his alone time with you, having all your attention for himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he does. He's always been my sweet buddy . . . waits for the bus with me, even in the cold and rain . . . gets up early with me. He came to this house at a time when I really needed him, and he is still here giving me friendship. Have you ever heard that Neil Young song Old King (I think)? Henry deserves a song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck, now that I think of it, Paul McCartney wrote a song for his dog Martha. I love that song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all for dreaming. Reality is sometimes too hard to take. I live for the moments, the time, the love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find when you surround yourself with kind, loving people the world is much brighter place where you have some semblance of control. Dreams are great for transporting our imaginations to unexpected places, but even the subconscious can switch to a nightmare.

    Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMI MANN?
    YOUR FATHER is helping MOB and RAPPERS?
    He wants to go after the QUEEN and CORRUPT GOVERNMENTS?
    he wants to show how RACIST ENGLAND was to you and all MUSLIMS and anything that was not " ARYAN".
    THAT is what happened to YOU and millions like YOU!
    She uses people for WAR and OIL and DIAMONDS and " KIDS".
    The GRIM REAPER with OMNIPOTENCE.
    The QUEEN must no longer exist and that is the HAT RAPPERS and MOB now wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Starting Over- Beautiful.

    Isis- Thanks for leaving a comment!

    mIchelle- I'm not Aimee Mann. But that's the second time this week that I've been compared to her. Guess I'll take it as a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, that's why I love writing so much. My hubby told me not to think on how others feel about me, but that I have all the love I can ever want to feel here under one roof.

    Btw, my kid's school starts the last Monday of this month. I will miss them terribly. :(



    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
    YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...